DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Newsreel (Blog #15)




Directly above this weeks Blog is a new widget I placed on our Blog page. It is called a newsreel. This newsreel searches the web for stories pertaining to the topic of your choosing. I chose to search for Psychology, Infant Development, and Child development.


Your Assignment:

1) Pick out one of the topics scrolling along the top in the Newsreel and read that article giving a brief summary of the article and your opinions/thoughts on that article.

2) Comment on 2 of your classmates posts.


Due: Sunday by no later than 11:59pm

42 comments:

  1. 1. the article i read was about what the people of boston will think now. is it safe? is it ok to still have public events? will such things as this marathon be able to happen again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so many people living in Boston I think that the odds of 1 person dieing from a bomb would be very low. I think that they will hold many more public events from here on it just might take a few weeks to recover.

      Delete
    2. 1. I think it will take time for the Bostonians to hold other events !!BUT!! after the twin towers were effected they started to clean up and re-build so I think they will soon regain the confidince to have a good time again.

      Delete
    3. When a tragedy occurs, many questions are raised, and those are all questions that they would naturally be asking. The event will definitely be changed forever, but I think that Boston will bounce back and continue having the event.

      Delete
    4. Although this event causes a lot of fear, the people need to bounce back. If we live our lives always consumed by fear, the terrorists have achieved exactly what they want. However, if we bounce back and don't let it affect us, we are taking a stand against the terrorists.

      Delete
    5. it might take them awhile but im sure people will want to have events again i hope after things settle down there and they catch the guys who did this horible disaster.

      Delete
    6. Things like this will always happen. Throughout the upcoming years there will surely be more bombings. As U.S citizens we must take the appropriate steps to try and prevent them as much as possible but that is one problem with living in the "land of the free". People can do as they please and unfortunately there are the ones who choose to hurt others. This is real every day life.

      Delete
    7. I think when you begin to live in a large city such as Boston, you are taking chances of more psychologically impaired people, or being around them. The people will learn to live normally again, but it might take some stressful days to do so.

      Delete
  2. Researchers found that arguing in front of your baby might sensitize the infant's brain to stress.
    This sucks and I wonder if you are always positive around your kid if they would turn out less stressed later in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that arguing and yelling are in the same category. babies can sense uneasiness

      Delete
    2. That is a very interesting topic. Parenting must definitely be a really important job, especially in the early years of childhood. I think that if a household continually had a positive atmosphere, the child would probably be happier.

      Delete
    3. parnet dont think it really effects the kid but it does . they think the kid wont remeember but they will most likley remember the bad times before the good times

      Delete
  3. 1. I read that if a woman was pregnant and had around 2 or 3 drinks per week the baby would show no sign of the result. there was no harm done in the baby's development.
    I dont think this is a good idea because if the mother has forgotten how many she has consumed it would cause her to think she could keep consuming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought that any alcoholic drink was bad while pregnant, but I'm sure this is a releif to most women just incase they need a drink.

      Delete
    2. every mother is different and no matter what it is just another chance that she is taking

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't trust this study completely until the experiment has been performed several times to ensure that it is legit. Also, all this says is that alcohol will show no bad signs, but it doesn't say anything about it actually being good for the baby. So either alcohol will do nothing to the baby or harm it. That is not a risk that I would take.

      Delete
    4. Haden thanks for the interesting fact i thought the mom wasnt even supposed to have one drink cause it could cause the baby to have birth defects, but anyways i guess she can have one atleast.

      Delete
    5. i think when pregnant women shouldnt be able to drink at all for the saftey of the baby

      Delete
    6. I agree Haden, I don't think that women pregnant should not drink even if it is just one or two, and maybe nothing happened to that one person's baby but everyone is different so something bad could happen after just two or how ever many.

      Delete
    7. I don't think it would matter. Alcohol over time would still probably prove to be bad to the baby. I think it's possible that there is some truth to this, but it would be really small amounts of alcohol.

      Delete
  4. The article I read was called "Babies's Brains Develop after Birth over Time". In the article, it talked about while although some organs in babies are fully developed when born, the brain takes time to develop. Many things can influence how the babies brain works to develop pathways, and talking to a baby soothingly and playing are both ways positively develop a babies brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that talking and soothing the baby is a good idea.

      Delete
  5. I read the article about how fighting or arguing in front of an infant can actually affect the child's development even the child is sleeping. Also, studies have found that infants from "high stress" homes are more likely to respond to a new angry tone than an infant that comes from a "low stress" home. This shows that babies recognize that anger and make associations with that mood and the information is stored easily in the baby's head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. it would make sense for the child to think of stress while seeing your parents freak out infront of you. I hope to never cause my children stress while arquing with my whife. I will do it in another room.

      Delete
    2. I find this very interesting. I've never heard that arguing if the infant is even asleep would affect it later on. I've heard that if you argue in front of a toddler that it could have a negative outcome, but not an infant.

      Delete
  6. No Tie Between Light Drinking During Pregnancy, Child's Development: Study

    I read this article, and it was saying that it is okay if the mother was a light drinker (one or two drinks per week) was okay. That it would not affect the child. However they are not sure on how much would be considered okay. So the doctors still tell the patients that it is not safe to drink during pregnancy. To which I agree with. If you're pregnant, then you should not drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.Japans consumers and buisnessmen believe that theres a better cahnce people will go out ans spend, puttting more pressure on the prices to go up on like food and everything. Japan also thinks that there battle against deflation is FINALLY to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. argueing in front of you baby could high stress and could cause problems later in its life

    if you feel the need to argue at least do it else where and not in front of the kid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really interesting. It is hard to believe that it could cause problems when the baby can't even understand the words coming out of the adults mouths. I guess I can understand how the tone of someone's voice affects a babies stress level. This is a very interesting topic that I would like to learn more about.

      Delete
    2. This is true Riley because I have witnessed this with some other kids in my life and it is not good for them.

      Delete
    3. Riley I agree with you. It isn't healthy for anyone. Especially for the child. It could effect the child in the long road.

      Delete
  9. Humiliation- The best way to teach.. This is what many coaches, teachers and boss's believe is the best way to teach their learners how to do something right. In the short years I have been on this earth I have already came across many people who tend to use this strategy. This really irritates me because it does not teach someone to do something the right way; it teaches them how to feel like an idiot. It makes people think they are not good enough so they are highly discouraged. I believe this article needs to be shown to every teacher, coach and boss in the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Derek. I have also ran across people who also use this strategy.

      Delete
    2. Derek I agree with you. If you use humiliation to teach someone something it has more of a negative effect on them. And if you have a heart it will make you feel bad to.

      Delete
    3. It's kinda like the college coach who hit his players with basketballs and yelled at them in front of other players

      Delete
  10. 1.) Parents’ Arguing in Front of Baby Alters Infant Brain Development. It talks about how babies are constantly hearing parents’ angry voices that could make their brains more vulnerable to stress and conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the article about how fighting in front of an infant can affect the child's development even when the child is sleeping. Studies have found that infants that come from high stress homes are more likely to respond to a new angry tone than an infant that comes from a low stress home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is really interesting, I didn't know that an infant could still be affected by people fighting even if it is sleeping.

      Delete
  12. Parents arguing affecting baby developement. A scientist did some test on infants by using different tones of voices and seeing how the baby reacted. He also found out that infants react to their surrounding even when they sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Understanding infant brain development can help sleep-deprived parents cope is the one I chose. Lack of sleep for parents who have infits doesn't last forever, only about three months. When a baby crys it's using it's only "survival" tool. When the baby crys and the mother or father trys everything to help but nothing works scientists say that the baby crys so it will get attention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The article I read was about parents arguing in front of a baby can still harm the activities of the brain during their childhood brain development. Studies show that, even while the baby is sleeping, there is still some brain response to the voice of a father/mother arguing. I think that it might still be a small amount of brian activity and response, but, especially during the sponge stage of a child, that parents should really keep their arguing to a minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i read the article Understanding infant brain development can help sleep-deprived parents cope. this talks about that when you have a newborn, it is the parents job to endues the idea that night time is for sleeping an day time is for activities. that when this is done is that during the day, the parents put the infant into a crib or a room where there are activities going on, and during the night should feed in a dim, quiet room. this helps the parents with their sleep problem for the baby will do more night time sleeping than doing it during the day.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!