DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Six Approaches to Psychology (Blog #3)

When trying to understand human nature, psychologists will use one of six approaches. Many times psychologists tend to use one of the six approaches, borrowing slightly from the others. This is called eclecticism.

Your Assignment:

With this in mind state the one approach you would use and why you believe in it the most. Then state two other approaches, and why you would borrow slightly from them as well.

Due: Sunday 1/24/10 by no later than 11:59p.m.

17 comments:

  1. If I had to use one approach I would use the cognative one. I believe in it because to me it makes the most sense. To tell someone to think about the information of the environment, analyze it, and come up with a solution to a problem just makes sense. It says that personalities are made up of different thoughts in our heads, so if you have a negative thought, analyze it and come up with a solution to your problem.
    Two other approaches I would borrow from would be the behavioral which deals with the types of responses we make with what we've been exposed to. And also the nuerobiological approach which is your response as a result of your nervous system. Even though they are not the same they all deal more with the effect on the persons evironment and how they have been affected by their suroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one i would go with would have to be the envitomental one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would mainly go with the behavioral approach because I think a lot of the way people act is because of the environment around them and the people and things they associate with them. The other two I would use is the neurobiological approach because some things are just a reaction, particularly in a split second situation. The second would be the humanistic approach because the fact that people have free will and can make decisions based on right and wrong, but at the same time, some people don't have the logic to see the difference between right and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would most like use the Behavioral approach because I strongly believe that people act mostly on how they were raised and the environment. The rewards and punishments affects them just as well I think. I would use the Humanistic because I also think peoples decisions are based on what they decided in the present not something that happened in the past. I think you can make good decisions even if you live/lived in a bad environment. I would also use the Cognitive because I believe that a persons characteristics play a part as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go with the environment one, and the one where the family has alot to do with how things are done. the reason i say both is because if you have a kid who is arounf gangs since they are young and their fmaily is in the gang that is all they no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would probably lean the most towards the Behavioral Approach because it deals with viewing behavior as the product of learning and associations. I would borrow from the Humanistic Approach though because we can all chose what we want to be in life despite the environment we are in our environment does not force us to become anything it is our own choosing. I would also take a little of the Neurobiological Approach also because it deals with behavior as a result of nervous system functions and biology. You really never know how you react to something until you are put in the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Neurobiological Appraoch because you figure whats going on in that person brain and how it works. The behavioral Appraoch because you give that person a pat on the back when they do something right and makes them feel good but then if they do something bad its the oppsite. The eognitive apprach because it also has to do with the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe strongly in the behavioral approach. I think most people are the way they are because of the way they have grown up and learned things. If a person has a more structural life style they are more likely to be successful than someone who does what they want when they want. I think though that the humanistic approach relates to this slightly. I think everyone has a conscious and they know right and wrong but i think if you have a slower thought process and you don't know whats right or wrong its harder to decipher between the too. I also think the sociocultural is slightly true. I think people can be easily influenced my their environment and that people cultures carry with them throughout their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The one I think is the most legitimate is the behavioral approach. I think this because the way people learn is through experiences. So since behavioral is states the mind is formed by learning and associating things with certain experiences I think that sound like the best. The other two that I would use though are the neurobiological approach and the cognitive approach because it's been proven scientifically that chemicals and the workings of our body all have to do with reactions our body has so figuring out how that works has definate merit to it. At th4e same time though I think that we as humans do alot of thinking to ourselves and that is when we go over and truly think about our core values and beliefs and that's what shapes our personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The psychoanalytic approach i belive would work the best because the person is under hypnotism which dose not allow the person to lock certin information inside the mind. This approach would allow awnsers to come strait from the mind rather then what the person wants to say which could be false.
    The sociocultural approach could help because your belife system and social surroundings will influence people down to the core.
    The behavioral approach would coincide with this because the enviornment would force people to be good or bad. Hang with the bad crowd your bad, you can choose to do good like the humanistic approach says, but most likly, your going to choose bad if you hang with them anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would use the behavioral approach mainly because I agree that our evironment does shape who we are. If you live in a stressful enivroment you more then likely going to feel negative about everything than if you were in a cheerful evironment. The two other approaches I would burrow from would be the humanistic approach and the sociocultral approach. I would burrow from the humanistic because in the end it is right about one thing, people always have a choice. As for the sociocultural approach, I would burrow from this as well because we are rather affect by society. Usually if your in a classified in one group you will behave like the people in that group. The same goes for different cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would take the Humanistic approach. I believe that you yourself chooses what you do. Even though there might be outside factors involved only you can make your own choices. That is why I would take a little from the behavioral approach because I know people put pressure on you but you still have the ability to say no. Also, if a person has a certain disorder, i would understand so I would also look into the Neurobiological Approach

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cognitive Approach because I believe that it is true in saying the most important human ability is that we can take information from the environment, analyze it, and come up with a solution to almost any problem. Also, I can relate to it because I talk to myself and spend a lot of time in conscious thought throughout my days. The Behavioral Approach because I think that is a great showing of punishing and rewarding. Obviously, if someone does something well and gets rewarded for it, they're going to do that thing again. If someone is does something wrong and is punished, they are more likely to not do that thing again. The Humanistic Approach because I think everyone handles different situations differently and in their own thinking and way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The approach I would use is the cognitive approach. I believe in it the most because I think it’s very logical to use mental processes to handle problems and developing certain personality characteristics. The Humanistic Approach I think is somewhat credible because I think a lot of what you can do will come from within yourself and some things you just choose to ignore and go the other way. The other approach is the neurobiological approach because some nature comes from nervous system functions and there could be problems in the functioning of that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Psychoanalysis becuase i believe in the facts that behavior of a individual is connected to the unconscious aggressive and sexual impulses or inner desires we want. I would also part from Neurobiology becuase behavior is learned by biological responses (evolution). Also, Cognitive Psychology due to belief that behavior is due to a product of internal sentences or thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have to the that i lean more towards the cognitive approach. i manly think that i i am this way because i think to myself all the time even though most of the times the aren't the brightest thing but is still think in my head all the time.
    The one that i wwould have to borrow from would be the humanistic because i also think that all people handle situatuion different and some people will get out of sticky situations and others won't

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think that the behavioral approach is a good choice , but i also think that the nurobiological approach is a very good approach as well because some people just react in a certain way . but i find my self in the cognitive track because i taLK TO MY SELF MORE THAN I ACTUALLY DO TO OTHER PEOPLE

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!