On page 5 of your book is a list of specialization areas within Psychology. Also, click on the link below to listen about possible careers in Psychology.
Careers in Psychology
Your Assignment:
1.) Pick out one of these areas of interest and research what exactly that area does.
2.) If you had to pick an area of Psychology that you would like to specialize in, what would it be and why.
Due: Sunday 1/17/10 by no later than 11:59pm
Military psychology is the research, design and application of psychological theories and experimentation data towards understanding, predicting and countering behaviours either in own, friendly or enemy forces or civilian population that may be undesirable, threatening or potentially dangerous to the conduct of military operations. If I had to pick an area of Psychology that I would like to specialize in I would choose Criminal Psychology. I would choose this because I think the human mind is fascinating and I think it would be intersting to figure out what makes criminals do the criminal stuff they do.
ReplyDelete1) Educational Psychology helps to gather information for teachers and parents when students have academic or behavior problems. Some examples are a school counselor or school psychologist.
ReplyDelete2) If I were to pick an area of Physchology, educacational phsychology would definitly be my area of study because it it most related to the field I want to pursue right now. I would still be able to make an impact in young children's lives.
Psychotherapy is personal counseling to aid a client or patient in problems of living. It aims to increase their sense of well-being. They use a wide range of techniques based on relationship building, dialogue, communication behavior change, and are designed to improved their mental health. I would want to be into the area of psychotherapy and specifically with criminal cases. I think it would be really cool to get to work with people of that nature and get involved with their thought processes and how to correct whatever problems they are having.
ReplyDeleteEducation pyscologist focuses on the study of learning outcomes, student attributions, and instructional processes directly to the classroom or to school. This person gathers information about the child and to relay to parents and teachers about their academic problems. If I had to work in one area of psycology this would be the area but I really don't want to observe the kids I would rather work with them to improve their skills not just indicate whats wrong with them.
ReplyDelete1. Experimental Pyscholog focuses on basic processes of human interaction and biology.
ReplyDelete2. crminal because i want to know a little bit more about the crimnal's mind.
1) personality and social behavior deals with relating how an environment or social network affects the behavior or any individual or multiple individuals. It also deals with how these interactions influence anyones personality.
ReplyDelete2) psychology of women because any man wants to know how they are the way they are and why they are that way hahaha.
Psychotherapy is a broad term to try to help people with emotional and psychological problems. It is an intentional interpersonal relationship to aid a client or patient in problems of living.This aims to increase the individuals sense of their own well-being.Psychotherapy can be preformed by psychiatrists, marriage therapist, music therapy, occupational therapist and a number of others.
ReplyDeleteIf I had to pick an area of Psychology I would specialize in Educational Psychology because I would rather work with kids on their problems
The Psychology department of consumer behavior deals with how consumers think, feel, reason, and selct between diffrent alternatives. People wit hthis job study how a consumer is influenced by their envirnment(culture, media, ect.), how a consumer feel about the importance and their need for certain products. The psychologist then uses what they learn to help marketers advertise and sell their products more efficiently. If I was to work in an area it would probably be this one because the reasons people spent money has always been interesting. I'm also interested in business and these fields are closely tied. Also, I think I could make some money in this feild were i ever to do it as a job and who really needs more incentive than that.
ReplyDelete1.) Psychopharmacology is the study, prescription, and appropriete use of drugs for psychiatric illness and for neuropsychiatric conditions. They need to have a special understanding of what the body does to the medication and what the medication does to the body.
ReplyDelete2.) If i had to pick an area to study it would be personality and social behavior. I like to learn about the different ways people think. Like why people do some of the strange things they do. And try to help people see things how everyone else sees things.
Child psychology is one of the many branches of psychology and one of the most frequently studied specialty areas. This particular branch focuses on the mind and behavior of children from prenatal development through adolescence. Learn more about child psychology.Clinical psychology includes the scientific study and application of psychology for the purpose of understanding, preventing, and relieving psychologically-based distress or dysfunction and to promote subjective well-being and personal development. Central to its practice are psychological assessment and psychotherapy, although clinical psychologists also engage in research, teaching, consultation, forensic testimony, and program development and administration. In many countries clinical psychology is a regulated mental health profession. I would like to do the Development of Children because i think each kid needs to have someone help them and know their needs
ReplyDeleteOne area of interest and research in Psychology is child development.Child development psychologists focus on conducting and facilitating research on the genetic and environmental bases of individual differences in childrens behavior.
ReplyDeleteOne area of Psychology I think would be interesting to specialize in would be Personality and Social Behavior. I always think its fascinating when you see someone with OCD or ADD. I just always wanted to figure out why they are the way they are. I can't really explain it very well, I just know that I want to learn more!
1. Personality and social behavior basically is where you have the subject write a series of essays and then they are analyzed and they tell you several different things about the person's personality and social life.
ReplyDelete2. I;m kinda interested in psychotherapy. Its a good way to help people and a one on one way to get to know them and their personality
1) The Research of personality and social behavior is focusing on how the person and the environment interact to produce social behavior. It mostly views in individual differences as a pert of a loarger interdependent system.
ReplyDelete2) Either Social Psychology or Personality Psychology. Social Psychology studies how people think, relate and interact with one another. Focuses on social situations and how they affect people and stereotypes. Personality Psychology is a field studying personalities based on personality studies and individual differences. It studies how people are different from one another as well as how people are similar. Personality psychology analyzes thought patterns, feelings and behaviors that make people unique.
I think an area that interest me is the Developmental(children. This is interesting to me because I like children and like to deal with them on a regular basis, and I think it would interesting to see how they develope and how the interact. This area deals with the language and interacts of children. And this is the area I do intend to specialize in because of the reasons I already listed above.
ReplyDeleteAccording to Driskell and Olmstead military psychology is a microcosm of all psychology disciplines and as such provides opportunities to psychologists of all persuasions.
ReplyDeleteAs a case in point, Mike Mathews (president of the Military Psychology division of The American Psychological Association) notes that members of The Society for Military Psychology include, clinical and counseling psychologists, experimental psychologists, human factor engineers, industrial psychologists and social psychologists.
i really dont care what kind i would specilize in i think it would be a really fun and learning experiance to do any