DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Issues in Intelligence Testing (Blog #16)

When distinguishing between levels of intelligence, issues with those intelligence tests do come up. Issues such as how to test individuals, bias' that may be ingrained within the test and so on. All must be looked at to fully understand the issues in intelligence tests.


*IQ Test*


Your Assignment:

1) Take the IQ test by clicking on the link above.
2) What was your score and what did they say about you.
3) Analyze the validity and reliability of this test, make sure and include your thoughts and opinions.

Due: Sunday 5/2/10 by no later than 11:59p.m.

15 comments:

  1. 2.) 106- "Learning through living." Strength lies in the methodology you have naturally adopted to understand the world. My talents come handly! I take things as they come and see things as they come. My talents come creativily.
    3.) Parts of this I think are true because I take things as they come and see they as they come but im not very creative..so that part I kind of have to disagree with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They told me that my score was 120, and I don't know if that is good or not. I am equipped with a verbal arsenal that enables me to understand complex issues and communicate on a particularly high level. These talents make me a Word Warrior. Whether or not ! recognize it, my vocabulary is my strongest suit.
    Like I said before I don't know much about IQ tests, but this one did not seem very accurate. When I looked it up on the internet it said 100 is average and 130 is above, and I guessed on alot of my questions. So therefore I don't really think it takes into acount how much you know. I think it's exactly like th ACT...it's not really based on everything you know, some of it is just how good you can guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did not want to fill out all the membership stuff but i feel i did alright on the test. i think it is not a real reliable test because i have never heard of zoodle and woodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My score was 100. You are equipped with a verbal arsenal that enables you to understand complex issues and communicate on a particularly high level. These talents make you a Word Warrior.
    I think that the test i dumb and pointless because how can they just no who smart you are from just 40 questions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. Im able to whittle even the most complex situation down to comprehensible component parts. In short, I have mastered the art and science of precision. That's what makes I a Precision Processor.
    I got a 99.

    Its is very stupid and i dont like it what would be the point of taking it. It really makes no sense and it doesnt decribe me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um....this whole test said I was mathematical and looked at life as an equation. This thing is so far off on who I am it's not even funny. I got 118 but I really don't think it's accurate or describes the person I am at all. Thank you Hinman for this lovely test that is so in accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) ok.
    2) 122 I am equipped with a verbal arsenal that enables me to understand complex issues and communicate on a particularly high level. These talents make me a Word Warrior.
    3) I think it's kinda sorta accurate but it doesn't cover all of the 8 intelligences so its not very accurate with an overall IQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1)126 and apparently I'm a visual mathematician...yeah...right....
    2)I see no point in this test. I for one think my results are wrong. I'm hate math and I'm not that great at it. This test was stupid and whoever created it does have a clue about what they are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My score was 120 and it says that I have a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. I am able to whittle even the most complex situation down to comprehensible component parts. I have mastered the art and science of precision. That's what makes me a Precision Processor. I feel this test is somewhat accurate because every test like this I seem to take it says that I am strong in mathematics. One thing I would disagree on is I don’t think you can tell someone’s IQ by just 40 questions. It is very broad, but it does give you somewhat of an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My score was 118. They compared me to Helen Keller =(. I'm an insightful linguist.

    They said I was a visual person who tends to be artsy. I think thats pretty correct. however, I would not compare myself to Helen Keller.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I AM A WORD WARRRRRRRRRRRRIORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! My score was 135. I think the test isn't completely reliable or accurate but at the same time the test was developed for a reason. I think though that another test could be used if it was found to be legit. Also I hate Hinaman's guts, just a random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Score - 138 - said i was very knowledgeable with words adn that it would help me in almost all situations.

    I feel this iq test focuses more on the individuals mental intelligence instead of an overall intelligence. Some people see plans for a building and build it but then there are the people that make the plans. the iq test targets those that ca nmake those plans and not the ones that can actually bring the building from paper into reality. so overall, not too accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My IQ score was 110. They said I was very intelligent and above average. I don't think this test is very valid in most cases. Its so hard to test "IQ" by one multiple choice test. I think there is a lot more to it than that. Also, the questions don't really test every subject area, not just school subjects speaking, but things like social skills and inter-personal skills which I think should also be a part of IQ. Overall, I think it's alright and probably serves a pretty good purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't take the IQ test because I think it's bogus. I have taken one before though, and it proved to be inaccurate because it said I was a very spatial person, which is not true in any way. I do not doubt the legitmacy of actual scientific IQ tests, however, you cannot tell me that a stupid 40 question survey on the internet for free can tell you how smart or in some cases how mentally retarded you are. I think this test is reliable if it's the real thing, but the free tests off of the internet are not the true IQ test that was originally created.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1)Took it.
    2)I got a 134. I have a strong ability to process visual-spatial and mathematical information. These skills combined with your strengths in logic are what make you special. I am able to understand patterns visually and in numbers. That means your mind can create a mental picture for any problem. In addition to that skill, you possess an intelligence that allows you to apply math to that picture, too. That helps you manipulate multiple parts of the picture (or problem) to come up with a solution.
    3)I actually think its true. I see problems and I use logic to make the problem work.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!