DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Six Approaches, + Sigmund Freud (Blog #2)





When trying to understand human nature, psychologists will use one of six approaches. Many times psychologists tend to use one of the six approaches, borrowing slightly from the others. This is called eclecticism.


Your Assignment:

1). With this in mind state the one approach you would use and why you believe in it the most. Then state two other approaches, and why you would borrow slightly from them as well.
2). Give your thoughts and opinions of the Sigmund Freud video thus far.


Due: Sunday 1/15/12 by 11:59p.m.

15 comments:

  1. #1- I believe in behavioral the most because i think it is the most affective to conselors and other people tgrying to figure out whats wrong with their body or mind set.
    #2- Cognitive because it is about taking information about the inviroment and anzlizing to come up with a solution to almost any problem.
    #3- Neurobiological because it is about the chemicals in the brain and i think it would be neat to figure out how the chemicals balance out when people take anti depressants or if their off of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)Behavorial. Because people will do things off of what they know will happen from the consequences. Such as people will do nice things so others will be nice to them.
    2)Humanistic. When i kid is raised in a rough childhood and in the future they were going through a tough time they will revert to the ways that they were shown when they were little.
    3)Cognitive. When you think bad about people or things it causes you to be mad or upset and causes they way you act to others to be negative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Freud is kind of weird and his ideas are messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would use the Cognitive Approach because it is the one that makes the most sense. This is because you are the only one who can control your brain.
    The 2 I would borrow from would be the behavioral approach because how you act has a lot to do with the way your brain works. The second approach I would borrow would be the sociocultural approach because the way you are raised and the culture you are brought up in has a lot to do with your values.
    2) The Sigmund Freud video is INTERESTING.. he had some weird thoughts that I do not really agree with. He was a different thinker to say in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. humanistic becuase people are capable of helping themselve. i would borrow psychonolytic and cognitive becuase we can think on our own and we can handle problem on our own.

    2. i like the video becuase frued had alot of good thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) I believe in the cognitive approach the most because you can make up your mind by yourself and only you can make what you want.I would use the humanist approach and behaviorists. I would use the humanist because you can achieve what you want and you determine your destiny. I would choose the behavioral approach because we are controlled by what we learn.
    2) Sigmund Freud to say the least is very interesting. I think the psychoanylitical approach is weird. I think Freud was very smart and researched a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) I agree the most with the Cognitive approach because it is all in your head and your mind can heal itself.I would borrow the sociocultural approch because i think that we are influenced by people, and I would use the behavioral approach since it deals a lot with learning and assiation with people.
    2) I thik that he was a smart guy but he also had some wierd thoughts and outlooks on life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. i would use the humanistic approach because i believe that people can control what they do. i would use the humanistic and the behavioral because i think that enviornment has a role as well.
    2. the video is kinda weird and i think sigmund is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1- i think that the cognitive approach is the best but the brain would have to be working right. the neurobiological would make that possible. the environment plays a big part in a humans life so sociocultural would be up there too.

    2-i think that the video was make in the '80s. other than that its not bad. this guys is weird though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts on the Sigmund Freud video is that he is weird and I cant beleve that hedid experiments on his own daughter. Also I think that he is very smart but some of the things that he beleves in i dont think ar true like when he thinks that guys are better that women that is just obsurd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. psychoanalytical because i think you need to handle things on your own. neuropsycholgal and aripsychal is also good.

    i think he had good ideas about by doing theropy on him self. and he had alot of problems with the sex thing. it was a werid video. Sigmund Freud

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1)I believe most in the cognitive approach, I know from my experience my thoughts affect my attitude for the day.
    My second is probably the Behavioral, I think you get thoughts on how to behave based on the awards/punishments you receive. Next, is the Humanistic, people are always striving to be perfect.
    2) I think Sigmund Freud is an interesting fella, he had a lot of odd thoughts, I think it helps knowing about him in order to know his ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) I agree with the behavioral approach because we can learn from our mistakes. I would borrow from the cognative approach because everyone talks to themselves in their head and there are times we learn from talking to ourselves. We can help ourselves get out of situations. I would also borrow from the neurobiological approach because i think that our behavior has a play on how we react to things.

    2) I think he was a smart guy that had alot of ideas. Some of his ideas i thought were really weird. But he did have some interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1- Cognitive approach- because it emphasizes how humans use mental processes to handle problems. Humanistic and psychoanalytical because humans are basically good.

    2- it is very weird he is a psycho.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would use the cognitive approach because you are using your thought process. The sociocultural approach and the humanistic approach are also important. I don't really know about the video because i have only seen about twenty minutes of it but i think it is kind of weird because it talks a lot about sex!

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!