DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Acquiring Information (Blog #9)




To acquire information, we must control what comes in and what is blocked out from the environment. Material that we retain is first sent through a short-term memory where it is processed and then moved to a permanent storage area where physical changes occur in the nerve cells. (Information located in Chapter 8)


Your Assignment:

1.) List and describe 3 different influences on acquiring information.
2.) Out of these 3 different influences, which has the strongest effect on you. (Be as specific as possible bringing up examples from your attempts at acquiring information.)


Due: Sunday 3/4/12 by no later than 11:59p.m.

12 comments:

  1. 1.Influence of Attention
    Conventional Learning
    Positive Transfer
    2.Positive Transfer because it results from similarities between two tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)Attention: Alert focusing on material.
    Learneing curve: a gradual upward slope representing increased retention of material as the result of learning.
    Transfer of Training: a learning processin which learning is moved from one task to another based on similarities between the tasks.
    2)I think attention is the best because you are up and aware of whats going on and have no distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One influence for acquiring information is the influence of attention, this occurs when you focus on learning. Another is chemicals put into your body, these can make you not pay attention. A final one is emotions if you don't feel like learning you won't.
    The attention probably has the most effect on me, if I don't pay attention, I have no idea what I learned

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Attention- alert focusing on material, Influence of attention- when we attend something we become physically aroused, Conventional Learning- because the material is not an attention grabber for the average person it takes longer to learn for them.
    2. Conventional learner has the strongest effect on me because some stuff takes me longer to learn than other people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- attention, stimulants, depressants

    2- stimulants like i have to be engaged so a stimulant helps me with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. learning curves,attention- forceing on materials

    chemical stimilants and depressants.
    thransfer positive, negative and exercising the mind.
    2. attention is the strongest for me becuasee in class i pay attention and stay forced on whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. influence of attention- when we attent to something we become physically aroused, and this activates chemical in the brain that aid out ability to learn
    convention learning- one that applies to most learning
    learning curve- a gradual up ward slope representing increased retention of material as the result of learning

    influence of attention because i think to learn more you have your attention on it alot. like having a phsically aroused

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Learning curve is a gradual upward slope representing increased retention of material as the result of learning, Chemical influences on learning is based on stimulants and depressants,emotional factors in learning is centered on survial.
    2. I think the strongest one for me is the emotional factors in learning because it is centered on surving and everyone has emotions and we have to show those emotions for us to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1) Attention is alert focusing on material. Stimulants are things such as coffee that can increase learning. Depressants are things that effect learning negatively.
    2) I believe that attention is the most effective because when I am alert and listening then I learn the most. But then the depressants also play a part because when I have extreme anxiety then it is difficult for me to listen and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1)Learning Curves- Gradual upward slope representing increased retention of material as the result of learning.
    Chemical Influences-They are based on stimulants ans depressants.
    Emotional Factors- It is centered on survival.
    2)I would say that chemical influences are the strongest effect because when I leave for school I usualy have a cup of coffee and it usualy hepls me druing the morning and then by the afternoon i sometimes have a pop and the caffeine helps for me to stay awake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1- learning curves- upward slope representing increased retention of material as the result of learning
    chemical influences- stimulants and depressants result in learning
    emotional factors- learning is that centering on survival

    2- learning curves are the most important because if you are not learning then why try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1)Learning Curves- Gradual upward slope representing increased retention of material as the result of learning.
    Chemical Influences-They are based on stimulants ans depressants.
    Emotional Factors- It is centered on survival.
    2)The attention probably has the most effect on me,when I don't pay attention, I have no idea what is going on.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!