DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Psychology (Blog #1)




Welcome to Psychology! Now I know some of you are really relieved that Government is over and Psychology is just getting started, so with that lets dig in.


Your Assignment:

Explain in your own words what Psychology is and explain a few topics that you would really like to know more about. Also, I would like for you to tell me exactly what you want to get out of this semester with regards to Psychology class. Please be as specific as possible.  *Please comment on 2 of your classmates posts


Due: Sunday by no later than 11:59pm

51 comments:

  1. Psychology is the study of animal and human behavior. I want to learn how the mind works and why dogs help sick people feel better and help lift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think learning why dogs do that would be very interesting.

      Delete
    2. Grant - Well said. The mind is extremely complex, and I think it is very interesting too. I have always wonder why the presence of a dog seems to lighten the mood, so yes, I would also like to study just why that happens.

      Delete
  2. 1.



    1.The scientific study of the human mind and its functions, esp. those affecting behavior in a given context.The mental characteristics or attitude of a person or group. I would like to learn more about attention spand of kids like my little brother with ADHD and like how that reacts to a person.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin - that is a good way of explaining psychology. I think that that would be very interesting to study, and I would also like to learn what causes it and how it affects someone.

      Delete
    2. i would also like to learn more about ADHD

      Delete
    3. I would also like to see the diffence of an ADHD brain and a more or less normal brain.

      Delete
    4. Larning about ADHD would be a very interesting subject but might be hard.

      Delete
    5. i think it would be very interesting to know more about ADHD.

      Delete
    6. That, and I would also like to know if that's where hyper people recieve their energy all the time.

      Delete
  3. Psychology is the study of human behavior and why people do certain things. I would like to learn more about tragic situations and what caused the person to commit the crime, such as the Connecticut School shooting. I want this class to help me better understand other people and myself and I hope this prepares me for college classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it would be very interesting to learn about tragedies and how people overcome them

      Delete
    2. Ya id like to know what causes people to do things like all the shootings that have been going on recently.

      Delete
    3. Learning about how people think when a crime is committed would be interesting. We might be able to find a couple different reasons behind why the Connetticut shooting happened.

      Delete
  4. Psychology is the study of human behavior. During the time in this class i wanna learn more about how the mind works. I also wanna learn what makes people act a certain way and makes them do what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psychology, is when a person studies how the brain works. I would like to know what theories there are about how people process decisions and thoughts. During this semester i would like to learn more about how to analyze peoples words and how to analyze peoples actions and behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figuring out how people process decisions would be very interesting to learn about because some people need to think days about something. Others need 2 seconds.

      Delete
    2. I agree I think it would be interesting to figure out people's behaviors and actions as well.

      Delete
  6. 1. I would like to get how the mind works in makeing good decisions and what are goor desicions out of the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the mind is a tricky place hopefully this class can help yoou understand it

      Delete
  7. psycology is the studay of hunam and animal behavior. it helps tell why some people and animals do what they do. it helps us see the enter workings of someones mind.
    i think it would be interesting to learn about why people murder others, and why animals attack people if they arent doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, learning why people and animals are violent would be some good information to know.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you Bre this would be nice to know more about.

      Delete
  8. 1.) Psychology is the reasoning behind why people do what they do. I would like to find out why i think the way i do sometimes. I want to find out if it is possible to figure out if someone with a head injury thinks differently from a normal person. I want this class to help me realize that negative thoughts arn't always necassary during bad situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kacee I think that it will only slow a person down when they receive a head injury but it would be nice to hear the facts.

      Delete
    2. I also think it has a lot to do with who you grow up around and the influences they have.

      Delete
    3. Carson, im sorry but i think that was a little out of line to say that to her.

      Delete
    4. I agree I think that it would be interesting to figure that out too!

      Delete
    5. In Anatomy and Physiology we are talking about the effects of brain injuries to the head in relation to position to the head. For example, an injury to the very front of the brain is often responsible for upper level thinking. Hence why boxers who have been hit there often struggle with thinking.

      Delete
  9. psychology is the study of animal and humans . i would like to learn how the mind works . and what makes us make the choices that we do whether they are good or bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also think it would be good for us to learn why we do good or bad things, even if we know its wrong

      Delete
    2. I agree with you Riley this would be nice to know more about.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Psychology is the study of human and animal behavior.I want to look into why people make bad decisions even though it is wrong. I want to find out how you can let yourself get to the point of committing suicide. I want to get into what drugs do to your brain and the lasting effects and how addiction works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would like to also learn what temps the human brain to end its own life

      Delete
    2. i agree. it would be nice to know why a person would do a thing like that

      Delete
  12. Psychology is the study of human and animal behaviors and why they do certain things. I would like to learn how to identify how someone behaves and identify the six approches to psychology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca..... We just took a quiz over the six approaches.....

      Delete
    2. Carson... I would like to go into more detail on them and see more examples.

      Delete
  13. Psychology is the behaviors of human and animals. I would like to know what causes the people to do the horrible things that they do. No matter how depressing the answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100 percent. There are a lot of unanswered questions with some things that have been going on lately and the answers to them would be nice to know or understand better.

      Delete
    2. tanner me too, just like the school shootings

      Delete
    3. that was a thought-filled answer. i like it

      Delete
  14. Psychology is the study of animal and human behaviors. I would like to learn more about why people do the things they do into more detail than just the six approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Psychology is the study of human and animal behaviors.I would like to learn about why people can be mad one minute and then happy the other, and maybe some things that people do just the same everyday. I would like to get better grades in Psychology then I did in Government

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cassidy i totaly agree and like your post.

      Delete
    2. I think it would be fun to study the everyday habits of someone. And what causes their personality to be consistent from day to day.

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Psychology is taking a look at the results of certain behaviors of humans and animals in response to different stimuli and using that data to better predict how someone will act in a certain situation.
    I would like to study the more positive effects on the brain. What daily exercises, thoughts, routines, etc. are good for the brain and help boost self esteem and ambition.

    ReplyDelete
  19. psychology is the study of human and animal behavior. it deals with learning ablout the mind. i think that it would be fun to learn about how the mind deals with stress. by that i mean what happens to the mind physically when it becomes stressed as well as mentally.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!